An entrance (driveway) permit is required if you want to:

  • Construct a new entrance to your property
  • Change the location of an existing entrance to your property
  • Change use of an existing entrance to your property

Apply for an entrance permit

  1. Read the by-law and instruction sheet then fill and submit an entrance permit application. In case we have questions, please place your full contact info on the form;
  2. Township of Strong public works will review the application;
  3. Fees for appropriate inspections and deposits are required. Note that fees may change annually;
  4. Fees can be paid by cash, credit card, debit card, e-transfer or cheque. Cheques are payable to: “Township of Strong”;
  5. Mark the proposed site with paint or a bright fluorescent stake. If public works staff cannot find the proposed entrance, it will slow your application process;
  6. Public works will inspect the location. You will receive follow up notes from the inspection and/or your approved install permit;
  7. The permit issued will be valid for six (6) month from the date of issue, or the deposit is forfeited; 
  8. The applicant is responsible to complete all necessary work for the install of the entrance. Please complete work according to Township standards;
  9. Once the entrance is completed, please call public works for a final inspection;
  10. If approved by public works, the deposit minus an administration fee is returned;
  11. The Township reserves the right to approve or reject any entrance permit application. In most cases a permit would be denied if Township standards or engineering best practices were not met.
  12. If the entrance is located on Highway #11, Highway #124 or other Ministry of Transportation property, please apply with Ministry of Transportation Highway Corridor Management

Submit the application

  • Administration office by e-mail (fees paid by credit card, e-transfer)
  • Administration office in person or mail: Township of Strong 28 Municipal Lane Box 1120 Sundridge, ON P0A 1Z0