Deputy Fire Chief
Open Air Burning Regulations
April 1 to October 31
- NO Daytime Burning
- Fire Permits are required for all open air burning, only a SMALL fire for cooking is allowed without a permit
- Fire Permits are available at the Sundridge/Strong Fire Department or at the Township of Strong Municipal Office
- Please consult the local fire rating before obtaining a permit
- Fire Rating Explanation Sheet - April to October
November 1 to March 31
- Day burning is allowed
- Residents must be in attendance when burning. Do not leave fire unattended.
- Size of fire is restricted to 2m x 2m
- All persons liable for costs incurred by the fire department, including personnel, equipment and apparatus necessary, when called to extinguish the fire
- Fire Rating Explanation Sheet - November to March
Emergency Operations Centre
|Now located in the basement of the Strong Township Office. The centre will be utilized in severe weather conditions and emergencies. The centre is equipped with additional phone lines, a media center, showers and space to accommodate emergency services personnel and equipment.